Sunday, December 4, 2011

Welcome!

Hello!  I am a mom and a music teacher with an affinity for creating new ideas or morphing others' ideas into what fits with my own children or my music students.  I have been a music teacher for ten years and I LOVE my job, but it's also hard to be away from my own children.  So, I've worked hard at creating ways for me to be incorporated into their everyday lives!  Part of that is that I have a wonderful husband who videotapes everything he can so I don't feel like I miss out! 
This year, one of my first grade classes loves to bring me books that have music in the back/front cover.  Since they are so eager, I've appeased them in playing/singing whatever is in their book before moving onto my lesson of the day.  They LOVE it!  It seems like they have a mission to find books to bring me!  Part of what I want to share with you, are the books that they bring me and maybe some ideas for lessons or teaching opportunities. 
Lastly, I'd like to share with you some of the crafts I've made with my children.  Almost all of them are already taken from others, we've just put our own spin on things.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment